Strong demand for luxury hotels worldwide
The hotel construction is flourishing worldwide with more than 5,000 new top hotels in the planning, especially the aggressive expansions by international leading hotel companies and the significantly changed quality requirements of the target and style groups pressurize establish hotels in important hotel markets.
Worldwide the number of new building hotels is increasing annually. Only in July 2015, 143 new luxury hotels will open their doors. This data has been revealed by TOPHOTELPROJECTS, the worldwide leading provider for global b2b hotel data. Especially in the luxury segment the market pressure in growing enormously.
Recently Mandarin Oriental, one of the best hotel groups in the world, announced the opening of a second high-end-hotel with 241 rooms in China’s capital Beijing. Mandarin Oriental opens this Summer new properties in Milan and Marrakech.
Marriott’s JW Marriott brand marks new openings in Zhejiang Anji (228 rooms); Washington D.C. another JW Marriott Hotel (750 rooms). JW Marriott recently opened in Venice (226 rooms)
Marriott’s Ritz-Carlton is expanding with new properties announced in: Cairo – 431-rooms (2016); Budapest – 192 rooms (2016) and in Jeddah – 224 room (late 2015), Macau – suites only (opened May 2015)
Starwood Hotels & Resorts is promoting its luxury hotel brands: 2016 a St. Regis resort (77 private villas) will open on the Maldives (Vommuli Island). Further, St. Regis hotels recently opened in Moscow, Mumbai and in Dubai.
Starwood’s Luxury Collection announced new properties in Europe – all opening this summer: Prague, Bodrum, Portopiccolo, Bratislava. Starwood also confirmed last month an investment of $300 million to renovate four properties in the U.S.: Key West, Lake Tahoe, San Antonio and San Francisco.
Top 9 hotel chains with their expansions
- Peninsula Hotels: 1 new building project in London
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels: 14 new building projects i. a. in Beijing, Maldives, Milano, Istanbul, Dubai, Moscow and Marrakech
- One&Only Hotels: 5 new building projects i. a. in Jeddah, Bahrain und Sanya
- Ritz Carlton: 34 new building projects i. a. in Muscat, Marrakech, Nanjing, Chongqing, Hainan, Macau and Mumbai
- Aman Resorts: 8 new building projects i. a. . in Shanghai and Libreville
- St. Regis: 19 new building projects i. a. in Istanbul, Napa Valley, Jakarta, Nanjing, Dubai and Cairo
- Oberoi Hotels: 3 new building projects in Casablanca and Marrakech
- Four Seasons Hotels: 34 new building projects i. a. in Agadir, New York, Bangalore, Bahrain, Boston, Goa, Kuwait City, Seoul, New Delhi and Kuala-Lumpur
- Shangri-La Hotels: 17 new building projects i. a. in Colombo, Hangzhou, Nanchang and Shaoxing