Rolls-Royce Motor Cars unveils the Ghost Series II in Hong Kong, for the first time
Offered in a discreet and considered update of this iconic car’s exterior appearance, the Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II consolidates Ghost’s position as the cornerstone of Rolls-Royce’s success. Offering the latest technological advances to the marque’s growing base of highly-successful customers – the Captains of Industry, entrepreneurs and successful business men and women who are the wealth and job creators in our economies.
Ghost is a thoroughly contemporary representation of Rolls-Royce, perfectly balancing effortless dynamism and modern luxury to offer a sense of calm and serenity in an often frenetic business world. An exquisitely appointed business tool for the business week and an engaging and effortless driving experience for leisure at the weekend.
Speaking at the launch held at the Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Hong Kong showroom, Michael Schneider, General Manager for Sales, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Asia Pacific, emphasised the importance of Hong Kong and Macau for Rolls-Royce, commenting, “We are delighted to bring Ghost Series II to Hong Kong. Ghost offers the successful, discerning business person the best of both worlds – a serene environment for doing business or simply relaxing, as well as a uniquely engaging experience behind the wheel. We are expecting growth in both Hong Kong and Macau this year and with the launch of Ghost Series II we are confident that this momentum will continue into 2015.”
Ghost Series II presents significant recent technological updates in an exterior package that represents evolutionary changes to Ghost’s timeless aesthetic.
• A contemporary re-imagining of Ghost’s front face, with re-engineered and re-designed LED headlights.
• Revised surface treatments including re-sculptured bumpers that present a wider, more dynamic stance.
• A new bonnet design featuring tapered ‘wake channel’ emanating from the Spirit of Ecstasy that hints at Ghost Series II’s dynamism.
• The Spirit of Ecstasy leans further forwards, giving further expression to Ghost’s dynamic driving experience.
• New paint and wheel options give customers greater scope for Bespoke personalisation.
• Re-designed front seats include electronically adjustable thigh supports and depth adjustment. Rear seats have been subtly re-angled to augment effortless communication with fellow passengers.
• The clock fascia and instrument dials are enhanced with the addition of polished metal chaplets that evoke premium watch design.
• Option of extending natural grain leather to the A and C pillars.
• The scope for Bespoke customisation is extended with the introduction of two new, exquisitely crafted veneers: Paldao and Walnut Burr Crossband.
Technological and Engineering Enhancements
• Re-designed LED headlights incorporating the latest technologies; a whiter, brighter light augments driver safety whilst electronic reflectors move in the direction of travel in response to steering-wheel turns. New anti-glare technology deflects light when a car approaches in the other direction, giving Ghost Series II drivers the benefit of full-beam headlights at all times.
• Suspension enhancements include re-engineered front and rear struts, new steering gear and adjusted dampers that increase the car’s cornering ability when the Dynamic Driving Package is specified.
• Improved rear suspension enhances ride quality and rear stability whilst reducing vibrations and cabin intrusions.
• All Ghost Series II motor cars feature Satellite Aided Transmission as standard – a technology that utilises GPS and mapping data to ensure the car is always in the correct gear when negotiating junctions, motorway exists and roundabouts.
Suggested Retail Price (Hong Kong): HK$5,900,000