Roberto Cavalli CEO sees breakeven in 2018

Ahead of Paul Surridge’s first collection for Roberto Cavalli to be shown in Milan on Sept. 22, CEO Gian Giacomo Ferraris shows confidence in the label’s turnaround and its growth potential. The CEO also confirmed the company has recently completed the company reorganization.

“By June 30 direct and wholesale direct sales grew by 4.9%”, with the forecast to improve even by the end of the year – said Ferraris “Our first goal – he says – was to stabilize sales.”
A trend reversal that gives Ferraris reasoning about the strategies put in place to restore momentum to the brand, starting with the choice of Paul Surridge (formerly Z Zegna) to the creative helm, and the decision to internalize production of menswear (first entrusted to Gibò), childrenswear (formerly charged at Simonetta), innerwear and beachwear, licensed to Isa Seta.
The offering of the house will also see significant adjustments: “In recent years – the CEO observed – the brand had been dangerously unbalanced in the direction of evening dress. We will now bring back the collection on board, including more daywear. “
Another important strategic correction concerns the distribution map, which will now envisage a key market such as Asia, “in the last years forgotten,” says the top executive.
The opening of a boutique in Beijing last July made it the backbone of the new expansion phase, which among its key points provides for another opening in the Chinese capital in October and landing in Harbin and Chengdu at ‘ beginning of 2008, parallel to landing in Macao.

Roberto Cavalli Spring Summer 2017

CPP-LUXURY iOS App