MANDARIN ORIENTAL Munich launches Ramadan packages
Munich’s leading luxury hotel, Mandarin Oriental, Munich has recently presented its 2011 Ramadan package, that includes a selection of Arabic luxuries to make guests feel at home. These include a Shisha menu, an array of Arabic amenities, Arabic and Lebanese specialities such as Iftar and Suhur and an exclusive shopping discount card for the Ingolstadt Village – outlet shopping.
Arabic-speaking staff on the front desk will be ready to welcome guests with refreshing towels, sparkling date juice and a selection of delicious dates, and rooms will be equipped with prayer mats and pointers to the Kiblah. Mandarin Oriental, Munich will also arrange transfers, at a nominal cost, to the local mosque for all prayer times.
Over the Ramadan period, guests will receive seven nights for the price of six nights, with rooms starting at EUR 325 per night. This offer is valid from 1 to 30 August 2011.
All rooms include:
• Amenities on arrival: cold towels, sparkling date juice and special dates
• Arabic-speaking staff at the Front desk and Kitchen ,Arabic chef in the kitchen and Arabic-speaking Housekeeping staff
• Evening amenity: Bakhlava, Qataif, Basbussa, Kunaffa, Umali and Arabic Chocolate
• 80 Arabic TV channels, a selection of 30 Arabic newspapers and magazines available daily, among them Al Hayat, Asharq Al-Awsat, Al Quds Al Arabi and Rotana Weekly
• A unique date menu: select from 30 types of date, such as Mactoumi, Dekkini and Al Khidri
• A range of Arabic and Gulf menus that are known for Iftar and Suhur are offered
• A selection of Arabic sweets, including Date and Fig Cookies, Cantucci and artisanal date chocolate
• Arabic Lipton tea and original Arabic coffee made using the traditional methods
• Traditional Ramadan drinks, such as Tamrhindi, Karkadeh, Erqsus and Quamereldin are offered
• A large selection of shisha: apple, melon, mint, Ùstrawberry and date are available
Mandarin Oriental, Munich’s China Moon Roof Terrace boasts spectacular 360 degree views over the city from where guests can enjoy a large selection of non-alcoholic cocktails and an impressive Shisha selection. A “Shisha Butler” will also be on hand 24 hours a day to offer advice.
For the Iftar and Suhur our Executive Star Simon Larese has created a special Ramadan menu with Arabic and Lebanese specialties, available throughout the hotel, including from Room Service and at the Rooftop Terrace. Dishes include Tabouleh Traditional Parsley Salad, Fattoush Lebanese Salad, Falafel with Lebanese Spices and Fatayer Bilsbanech Puff Pastry.
The city itself has plenty to offer visitors and is a shoppers’ paradise. With famous Maximilianstrasse and Fuenf Hoefe on its doorstep, Mandarin Oriental, Munich is ideally located for luxury shopping. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Versace, Pomellato, Ralph Lauren, Jimmy Choo, Valentino, Hugo Boss, and many more luxury brands are all in close proximity, and special shopping discount cards, exclusive to Mandarin Oriental, Munich’s guests, are available to collect from the concierge.
Munich is also home to BMW, one of the most premium car brands in the world and boasts the fascinating BMW Welt and BMW Museum. The concierge will be delighted to arrange a private BMW car for guests to tour the city.