Dorchester Collection’s Plaza Athénée Hotel in Paris celebrates centenary year
To mark its milestone year, Hôtel Plaza Athénée Paris is introducing a variety of offerings. Commemorative concepts, dining surprises, speciality packages and a partnership with the Théâtre des Champs-Elysées, highlight the hotel’s celebration.
Commemoration of a century:
- 100 Lime Trees will be planted in the grounds of the Palace of Versailles in early spring
- On 20 April, 100 balloons will be released in the hotel’s Cour Jardin and a special anniversary cake will be available for guests to enjoy
- The hotel’s most loyal guests will receive an exclusive loyalty card, the ‘pass of the century’, which will enable guests to unlimited VIP experiences throughout their stays, for example card holders will receive a guaranteed table in the hotel’s restaurants and an upgraded stay, subject to availability
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée will create a time capsule containing references to its history and heritage, filled with items dating back to 1913 – ideas for which can only be submitted by the hotel’s most loyal guests
From 1 February, special centenary dishes will be available at the hotel’s restaurants. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée will be offering a hot truffle and guinea fowl paté. At Le Relais Plaza, a calf’s head with spicy tomato sauce and macaire potatoes will be available. For breakfast in the Galerie des Gobelins, guests will be able to choose from poached eggs cardinal or a melba with seasonal fruit created by Christophe Michalak.
A ‘Baccarat Harcourt’ centenary cocktail at Le Bar du Plaza Athénée is available all year round. Characterised by its red and gold colouring, the cocktail comprises blackberries, strawberries, cranberries and Cognac. Served in a glass designed by Harcourt, the cocktail is topped with a dash of passion fruit and champagne for a zesty and refreshing finish.
‘Rite of Spring’ Package:
To mark the hotel’s shared centenary with the Théâtre des Champs-Elysées and the original performance of ‘Rite of Spring’, Hôtel Plaza Athénée is launching an exclusive package, which includes:
- One night in a Junior Suite Deluxe or Superior Suite with a VIP welcome
- American breakfast for two
- Two box tickets for one of the six performances of ‘The Rite of Spring’ at the Théâtre des Champs-Elysées with a glass of champagne in a private lounge during the interval
- Special dinner for two at Le Relais Plaza at Hôtel Plaza Athénée
- Rates from €2,900 for a Junior Suite Deluxe and €3,365 for a Superior Suite
Guests can choose between the following performances:
- On 30 and 31 May, the acclaimed Mariinsky Orchestra and the St Petersburg Ballet will perform the original version of ‘The Rite of Spring’
- On 6 and 7 June, the Tanztheater Wuppertal of Germany will dance with choreography by the late Pina Bausch
- On 25 and 26 July, celebrated English choreographer and contemporary dancer Akram Khan will present his version of ‘The Rite’