Carl F. Bucherer opens new manufacture in Lengnau, Switzerland
Carl F. Bucherer inaugurated its new Manufacture in Lengnau, a few kilometres from Biel/Bienne, in a region already home to a number of brands including Rolex, Rado and Tissot.
These are not all-new purpose-built premises, but in fact a building that belonged to Gucci just two years ago and in which the brand from Lucerne had for several years been renting a floor for its production activities.
Founded by Carl F. Bucherer and still in the hands of the family – which is continuing to invest in its development – the eponymous watch company now owns the entire building. After complete renovation and refurbishing of the facilities, this new acquisition provides it with a 3,000 sq.m. surface area spread over three floors.
“With this new competence centre, we are proud to have taken a major new step for Carl F. Bucherer”, said CEO Sascha Moeri in his inaugural speech. “The Manufacture reinforces our identity as a traditional Swiss brand. It represents a key stage in our development and stems from a sustainable growth strategy.”
The newly opened Manufacture will enable the brand to increase its productivity and to meet the goal of 30,000 watches per year that was announced by Sascha Moeri and which reflects its continuous growth
With this new Manufacture, Carl F. Bucherer has acquired the modern infrastructure required to continue its development and the production of in-house movements. In terms of the latter, the brand already has the GMT CF 1901 chronograph movement equipping the Patravi Travel Tec; Calibre CFB T1001 for the Manero Tourbillon; as well as the CFB A1000, which Sascha Moeri refers to as the ‘Ferrari’ among watch movements.